Friday, January 23, 2009

Akrobatik Freestyle on CM Famalam show

I use the term freestyle pretty loosely on this site just because it is an easy way to convey that these are basically sessions of people rhyming, mostly on the radio. If I wanted to get super intricate and tell you that this person on a session or that person wasn't truly "freestyling" or coming off of the top of their head I feel it would be a waste of time because I think the people that are into what I am posting can tell the difference.

That said I prefaced this post with that to bring you a session from one of my favorite "freestyle" MCs, Boston's Akrobatik. 8 minutes on the CM Famalam program with Bobbito and Lord Sear. While most MCs fill their freestyles with a bunch of "uh uh uh" or "check it" when they run out of things to say off the head, this cat seemed to never run out of clever things to say. In the future I'm sure I'll post more from him because I have lots of Boston stuff.

That said I haven't checked for his newer music but I have the original 12" of the song Internet MCs which you should check out as well as his classic Say Yes, Say Word. Been ripping a lot of stuff in my downtime so get ready for more. Thanks to all the viewers but I need to get some more feedback!

Akrobatik - Freestyle on CM Famalam Radio

1 comment:

  1. Man, I've been looking for this full freestyle for awhile. I used to listen to this over and over. Thanks for posting. I'm curious to what else you have. Do you have any old wkcr supernatural or craig g freestyles? Or any old juice freestyles?

    ReplyDelete