Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kwest tha Madd Lad and Rok One freestyle

Couldn't find any images of Rok One for this post but this is a freestyle from 1998 with him and the very ill Kwest tha Madd Lad on the CM Famalam radio program with Bobbito and Lord Sear. 13 minutes out of the tapes collection. When I am ripping these to mp3 I am doing some EQing on the Rane 56 mixer to try to make these sound as good as possible. I haven't seen this particular session posted, which will remain the theme for this blog - to give you some exclusives from the stash. Rok One dropped a dope 12" on Fondle Em records back in the indie heyday of the late 90's and keeps up with Kwest pretty well on this session. If you never checked out Kwest tha Madd Lad you're sleeping and you must immediately find "This Is My First Album" before you get your hip hop pass revoked. More to come soon I've been having a bit of fun with this.

Kwest tha Madd Lad and Rok One - CM Famalam Freestyle 1998 - 13 minutes

3 comments:

  1. what up dj moody!! Nice start. I like what you've posted so far. I'll be following your blog with interest. Are you gonna put up a cbox?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start DJ Moody. I will be following your blog with much interest. Good luck and thanks for sharing the tunes and for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another session to track down is the J-Zone with Al-shid Hug Bear and Kobiashi. that's the best WKCR session I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete